Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm BACK! (and super guilty)

I am so not dead and I am still super critical of things and want to post reviews for which you, the internet, will read and possibly listen to.

So since I've been gone forever, I'm gonna do a mega review!  I gotta get this backlog of reviews off my chest!  Here we go:

Taste Nirvana: Real Coconut Water

So now that everybody knows that coconut water is the best thing to drink during a workout, (or at least that's what fit hipsters tell themselves when they look down on gatorade because it's too mainstream) I've tried my fare share of coconut drinks. 

Taste Nirvana is a winner! It's the most...coconutty...coconut water I've ever had.  Just like the other coconut waters I've tried, they're all natural and have no preservatives.  Taste Nirvana has managed to make what should already be a natural product taste MORE natural than the other brands on the shelves.  I've had some brands, that tasted too much like plain water or others that had other flavors which made my drink tastes like I was drinking a pina colada flavored sports drink.  

This drink sports a deep coconut flavor that is refreshing after a workout. 

5 out of 5!
                                  
Late July Organic: Vanilla Bean sandwich cookies

Ok, so here are two pictures that I took of this box of cookies.  The first shows the box art:











 
The second shows EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT THESE COOKIES:












No joke folks: Late July is the example for how you make sure your non-organic eating never trust you with your organic recommendations.  

The chocolate cookie is bland and has no taste.  Vanilla cookies have more flavor than these fake chocolate cookies.  The filling just tastes like sugar paste.  I tried really hard to enjoy these, but in the end I had to bring these back to the store to exchange.  

I've had my share of good cookies that proved that organic doesn't have to mean bland or healthy tasting.  And seriously, I'm eating a cookie, I want to feel good about my pricier, organic purchase!

Eff this product, and go get some Newman-O's

1 out of 5

Once Again: Organic Smooth Peanut Butter

Review worthy organic peanut butter!  Ok...I'll be the first to admit that reviewing a product with only two ingredients (peanuts & sea salt) is challenging...but honestly, this is my new favorite brand of organic natural peanut butter.  


It has a deeper peanutty taste which I think is due in part to the inclusion of the peanut skins.  I'm not 100% sure that's why I like this brand better, but I can taste the difference.  

Oh, and another thing:  So you know how natural peanut butters have to be stirred to reincorporate the separated oil?  This was the easiest time I've had mixing in the oil!  I've stood over jars of natural peanut butter for 10 minutes trying to get the oil to mix back in with the peanut paste, so I was happy to be done with this chore after only a few seconds of mixing.

I give this a 5 out of 5 (until I find a better peanut butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment