Oh boy. Jon Favreau you have done it now. I know you made Iron Man and Swingers but damn it if I don't want to scream at you right now.
How could you screw up such an easy concept like Cowboys & Aliens?! That's it; first it was Robert Rodriguez with 'Spy Kids' and *groan* 'Once upon a time in Mexico' and now YOU go and underachieve to the best of your ability. If you had put as much effort into this movie as you did trying to make this as mediocre as possible we might have had an awesome movie.
You were tasked with making a movie about cowboys and aliens and about cowboys killing aliens. How hard could that be?
Watching Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford trying to kill each other was awesome; Olivia Wilde is really good at playing the mysterious female; Daniel Craig shooting down aliens with a wrist cannon is totally badass...Oh God did you really did just use up all your good footage in the trailer? Apparently so.
I was with your movie for the first 45 minutes, but somewhere along the line I went from sitting on the edge of my seat to contemplating playing Angry Birds on my cellphone. You had too much going on with the various factions in the movie going for the whole buddy cop thing to a serious lack of reason as to WHY the aliens wanted gold. For god's sake you had Daniel Craig getting high with aliens and we all discovered his spirit animal was a humming bird.
You are better than this Jon. You are better then some teen who writes fanfiction in their spare time between Calculus and Biology class!
We've had some great times. I'll never forget you dancing with Heather Graham in Swingers and watching Robert Downey Jr. strap on the armor for the first time, but you and I are done. Never again will I see your name plastered on a movie poster and think to myself "Oh a Jon Favreau movie; that's going to be GREAT"
All I'll remember is the mediocrity.
- J

No comments:
Post a Comment